Does nerve damage caused by a neck fracture cause swelling in the legs?

My husband had an accident almost a year ago and broke his neck. Nerve damage was the result. Now he has swelling and blueness in his left leg with some pain on the back side, vomiting without warning, decreased appetite, sleepy all the time. Is this normal side effects of a broken neck?
Fri, 17 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Neck injury doesn’t cause pain and swelling on the foot. If symptoms are persistent, you can consult a physician and get evaluated.

Thanks.