Does missing a dose of Atenolol worsen tachycardia and paroxysmal hypertension symptoms?

I take 25 mg atenolol b.i.d. along with 1 mg Xanax and 0.1 Clonidine. Obviously, my pulse hangs out around 50. I can t remember if I took the Atenolol this evening. I have tachycardia and paroxysmal hypertension so I m concerned about going without it, but also reducing my pulse too far in my sleep.
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Regarding your concern, I would explain that a missed dose of Atenolol (considering the dose that you are taking) is not concerning.

With your actual heart rate, I would not recommend taking any extra dose, because it may lead to bradycardia.

Coming to this point, I would recommend waiting and see if your heart rhythm is going to raise.

In such case, you can take the dose of Atenolol.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.