Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Does marrying within relations cause any problems during child birth ?

my age is 23 i m going to marry my mothers brothers daughter she is of 21yrs,as it is a near relationship is there any problem i baby birth ,as my fathers also are of near relation please suggest me
Asked On : Fri, 26 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
This is called Consanguinous marriage. There are many problems which can not be ignored in congruence with problems faced with baby and congenital anomalies as many diseases are prevented from appearing due to marrying outside but when you marry inside the family these diseases can come out. There is no contraindication in marriage but if there has been any problem with baby in anyone in your family it is better to consult Genetic Counsellor before wife gets pregnant to know the risks of getting defects in the baby.
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor