What causes clogging in vas deferens?

Posted on Fri, 4 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: clogged vas deferens
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sorting out the cause and treating accordingly.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question an di understand your concern. Vas deferens obstruction is one of the causes of male infertility and low sperm count. Doctors need to look at the cause which could be infective like chlamydia or gonorrhea or prostatitis infections or anatomical like masses, varicoceles etc or antibodies induced or congenital disorders like celiac or kartagener syndrome etc.

Now that it is already diagnosed , sorting out its cause is also mandatory and treatment will be followed.

Duct recanalisation by a balloon catheter has helped increase fertility odds by 20 to 30 %. Transurethral or transrectal approaches for resections of ejaculatory duct.

if you have semen behind the obstruction they may be aspirated directly using a needle and used via assisted reproductive techniques to help in pregnancy.

Talk to a fertility consultant and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan