Does fluid collection with a depth of 10mm sighted in the ultrasound scan minimal or excessive ?

29yrs of age, female. An ultrascan shows that there is fliud collection with the depth of 10mm sighted in the pouch of douglas. is this minimal or excess.thks age 29, weight 60kg. an ultrascan shows that there is fliud collection with the depth of 10mm sighted in the pouch of douglas. is this minimal or excess.thks.
Wed, 25 Jan 2012
hi,
Why was USG done?
Depth doesnot matter,see whether it is related to pathology or normal.
Do you have fever? abdominal cramps? any other symptoms?
fluid in POD is seen after ovulation , in pelvic inflammatory diseases and other gynae problems also..
Check with your gynaecologist.
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Hi Fluid collection in the POD can be normal or abnornal.It depends on what the underlying disorder happens to be.Minimal fluid is almost always present.