Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Does excessive masturbation cause complications in married life ?

hey doc i m a boy 21, frequently masterbate but sometimes it reaches 15 times a day n i m still virgin....will it affect to my sex life...n main thing is how can i control myself because i m feeling that i m loosing my concentration over study and memory
Asked On : Wed, 18 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  465
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Santos,
Thank you for choosing Health care magic to get answers to your queries.
Anything of too much is bad, right Santos...and you are realising it which is the first step towards gaining control so congrats for that. This would probably not affect your sex life but like you say it is definitely affecting your academic and personal life. You need to establish a fixed routine for yourself..also anayse if you have any other anxieties troubling you...academics etc..Masturbation is also a very good escape behaviour like sleeping..since it gives you a immediate physical release by first buiding uo tension in one's body it you might be unconcsiously using it to avoid a anxiety arousing are the best judhe for it until you decide to talk more about it with a specialist.
Building a fix routine wherein you have space for other forms of entertainment like meeting friends, sports etc in addition to you goal based shedules for studying..the more randomness and unplanned routine you follow the more easier to get out of it..maybe you could study with a friend or discuss and develop common academic goals with a friend so he or she could keep a check on you as to if ur keeping up with it...
one or two times a day is ok for you to masturbate so everytime its gettingmore thn that you would have to consciously change your plan of action then and there and instead of continuing with masturbating activity would probabl go out for a walk then or talk to a friend or anything else that can really distrct you from sure you would be able to get over it.
if none of this helps, meet a clinical psychologist in person and discuss your efforts and problem with him or her.
All the best
Smriti Sawhney
clinical Psychologist
RCI Reg no A-12344
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor