Does cancer cause nausea and vomiting?

Hi, Had breast cancer 3 yrs ago went into the bone. Had radiation on my right shoulder & it helped. Was on Verzenio 150 2x & had to many side effects. Dr changed to 100mg. Just got them in the mail & have not started them yet. Does the cancer cause nausea & vomiting as I had that yesterday. Today am better. Have had pain in my right side & found a sore spot on the top of my head. Would cancer cause this also? Thank you. Valerie
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Side effects of treatment of cancer with chemotherapy and radiation are nausea and vomiting and also pain. I would advise you to take Ondansetron group of drugs twice daily with your doctors advise.
For pain you can take paracetamol tablet twice daily.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.