Does Spasmo-Proxyvon Plus possess antispasmodic analgesic effect as Spasmo-Proxyvon?

My father was prescribed spasmo-proxyvon earlier for pain due to ureteral calculi. Now, this drug has stopped and available one is spasmo-proxivon plus with a different composition. Would like to know if this drug has same antispasmodic analgesic qualities.
Mon, 3 Jul 2017
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
Spasmo Proxyvon Plus capsule contains Dicyclomine 10mg, Paracetamol 325mg and Tramadol 50mg as active ingredients. It works by relieving smooth muscle spasms of the gastrointestinal tract; increasing the pain threshold and blocking the effect of chemicals that causes pain.
Spasmo Proxyvon contains Dextropropoxyphene instead of Tramadol.
Dextropropoxyphene and Tramadol are analgesics belonging to opioid category.
Both possess antispasmodic effect along with analgesic effect.
Hope the information provided helps.
Best wishes,
Dr.Ashakiran.S.,
MBBS., MD.