Does POTS cause palpitations along with dizziness?

so at anytime of the day whether I m sitting, standing, laying down my heart starts racing and I become to feel lightheaded sometimes to the point of almost fainting and its been happening for about two years and everything I ve tried doesn t help. But I don t have money for my questions to be answered here or at a doctors office can you please help free? Also could it be POTS?
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and would like to tell you that the symptoms which you are experiencing usually happens due to arrhythmia of heart rhythm which require evaluation so that the underlying problem can be diagnosed and then treated accordingly.

1. Holter monitoring
2. Complete blood work
3. Thyroid function test
4. Echocardiography

These are the 4 tests which has to be done for proper evaluation. Yes POTS CAN ALSO CAUSE such symptoms but they usually happen when there is sudden change in position of the body.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.