• question-icon

Does German measles affect pregnancy?

I m over 4 months pregnant, how dangerous is it for my unborn, if I ve been possible very exposed to German measles/or possibly fifth disease? Is this something I need urgent care for/see my OBGYN? Should I be concerned? If I end up having symptoms- how should I respond?
Mon, 23 Nov 2015
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Welcome to HealthCareMagic. Your query has been assigned to me and I am happy to assist you today for the health issues you raised.

German measles or Rubella is very bad for you and the baby. You should consult your OBGYN right away for proper preventative care. You should definitely be concerned and control the situation before you get the disease. Even after revelation of symptoms, you need to consult your OBGYN for the best of you and your baby.

Hope it was all you needed the answer for. If you have some more questions or doubts in mind, please let us know to help you. We are all a team of best experts from all over the world to assist patients online. Give your feedback to help us make this service even better.

Healthiest Regards!
Dr. Sumaira Kousar MD.