Do children have heart attacks?

Do children have heart attacks?
Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Children may heart attacks. If they have some congenital heart disease. Or some abnormality in the lipid metabolism.

This is the 3rd morning that I have woken with chest pains and a back ache. I am morbidly obese. My age is 26 and weight is 250. I am female.

Just got a leaflet through the door telling all the symtoms of a heart attack , it says don t mess about waiting just call the emergency services. Now, I have those symtoms everyday, I also have high b.p. (last checked 120/170 only last week). Am I having heart attacks? Sorry, numbers wrong way round. Feel it like most days but thougt a heart attack was going to be of hollywood proportions, this leaflet describes what I feel.

I am a 33 yr old female and I swear I have heart issues. I have had so many test done for my heart and everything has come back 100% normal. i have had countless number of EKG s I have a 48 heart montior I had a echo of my heart. my bp is a little high (bottom number in the low 80 s) my cholesterol total is 166. I do suffer from panic/anxiety and my Dr (bless his heart he is awesome) says all the things I feel is related to my panic not heart. Is there really anything else they could do to test my heart or did I pretty get everything? My doc said he wouldn t send me for a cardic cath cuz everything else was fine. Yes I do take meds to my panic attacks.

Recent questions on  Congenital disorders

I have a son (3.5 yrs) with congenital anomaly. He has external deformities like absence of finger in right hand, absence of right side muscle of chest, short neck and he cant expand his jaw in full, still he cant speak. It seems to us that the other activity is almost normal. I want to go to NIMHANS for his treatment. Please suggest me which type of treatment should we take for him.

1q21.1 microdeletion syndrome son age 13 wt 85 lbs ht 4 7 medical hx: short stature, congential heart defect, failure to thrive in infancy, just had gentic chromosome testing and was given this result. would like to know prognosis of future problems as adult.

My son has a form of first and second branchial arch syndrome. He has a trace but have received physician recommendations to do a mandibular distraction for various reasons. This can be done through either an internal or external procedure and am trying to get feedback if one type of surgery is better than the other. My son is five months old. Thank you for any input you may have.

Hi..i want to know what can be done for newborn with symptoms of goldenhar syndrome..The nose is blocked, with heart failure and kidney problem and possibly underdevelop brain too..he was born 7 days ago..is there any possibility of hope for the baby? please do help. thank you so much

Hi Doctor, I am blessed with a bay girl recently. There was a routine checkup for her yesterday in which the doctor suggested serum bilirubin test for jaundice . Report is attached. 1. Please check the report and advise if everything is ok? 2. Her...

Hello again. I can't remember if you were the doctor that said I could post the results of the bloodtests when I got them. But I do to day. I was also at cardiologist because of the heart-related issues me and you have discussed earlier here. I...