Do children have heart attacks?

Do children have heart attacks?
Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Children may heart attacks. If they have some congenital heart disease. Or some abnormality in the lipid metabolism.

This is the 3rd morning that I have woken with chest pains and a back ache. I am morbidly obese. My age is 26 and weight is 250. I am female.

Just got a leaflet through the door telling all the symtoms of a heart attack , it says don t mess about waiting just call the emergency services. Now, I have those symtoms everyday, I also have high b.p. (last checked 120/170 only last week). Am I having heart attacks? Sorry, numbers wrong way round. Feel it like most days but thougt a heart attack was going to be of hollywood proportions, this leaflet describes what I feel.

I am a 33 yr old female and I swear I have heart issues. I have had so many test done for my heart and everything has come back 100% normal. i have had countless number of EKG s I have a 48 heart montior I had a echo of my heart. my bp is a little high (bottom number in the low 80 s) my cholesterol total is 166. I do suffer from panic/anxiety and my Dr (bless his heart he is awesome) says all the things I feel is related to my panic not heart. Is there really anything else they could do to test my heart or did I pretty get everything? My doc said he wouldn t send me for a cardic cath cuz everything else was fine. Yes I do take meds to my panic attacks.

Recent questions on  Congenital disorders

Hi..i want to know what can be done for newborn with symptoms of goldenhar syndrome..The nose is blocked, with heart failure and kidney problem and possibly underdevelop brain too..he was born 7 days ago..is there any possibility of hope for the baby? please do help. thank you so much

Hi my son is 3 yrs old and has a small sacral dimple and alot of bowel problems he tales miralax regularly and has Had an mri to rule out spina-bifida he complains of "butt" pain frequently and today i have noticed some yellowish rectal discharge with a foul odor he has complained of pain all day but has been running and playing as normal any suggestions

I have the L5 Sacralization, due to which i have severe pain ONLY in the right knee and toe while sitting or standing.

Not able to concentrate on any work as all my attention is diverted towards the pain. Please advise any solutions or medicines if any.

hi i have a daughter 8 who was born with microtia never been told the name had to find out myself my daughter also has flat cheek and side of her face and a smaller eye on the side with affected ear did go to the doctors when a baby but they told me she had a fat face on one side stil the same 8 yr later were do i go to find out if she has hemifacial microsmia.

Hi Doctor, I am blessed with a bay girl recently. There was a routine checkup for her yesterday in which the doctor suggested serum bilirubin test for jaundice . Report is attached. 1. Please check the report and advise if everything is ok? 2. Her...

Hello again. I can't remember if you were the doctor that said I could post the results of the bloodtests when I got them. But I do to day. I was also at cardiologist because of the heart-related issues me and you have discussed earlier here. I...