Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Do I have some stomoch infection ?

Dr.. can u pls. tell me "Gramogyl Tab" (Norfloxacin & Metonidazole) used for what ? I have sticky stool alongwith Acidity frequently, when i take Isabgol powder, I get some relief for a 2-3days but again it same.. do i have some stomoch infection? Pls. suggest some medicine to help... Thanks in advance
Asked On : Tue, 18 May 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  452
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

Yes it is possible that u r suffering from an intestinal infection (not stomach).
You are in the right line of management.
You could add a pro biotic like neutolin B twice daily for 7 days
continue taking Isabgol powder there is no harm

Have a healthy life
Answered: Sun, 11 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
You nay or may not have stomach disease. acidity is not disease itis symptoms
produced in various

Hi well come to HCm.
For your acidity you can have drug like panto prazole, rabi prazole, ranitidine.
Drugs you have asked are being used in GI infection namely dysentry, giardiasis etc.
You are having sticky stool, may be due colitis, dysentry, or IBS.NO harm in taking one course of norfloxacin with metronidazole afteer your stool test. Thanks

Answered: Sun, 11 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor