Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Dizziness after head trauma, should i go to doctor or just take rest ?

My mother is healthy, 46 healthy weight. Sunday she was running from a dog and wasn t watching where she was going and ran into a tree w/ the side of her face . She was very disoriented and dizzy, bruised but the symptoms went away. Now it is Wednesday and when she tried to get out of bed she was so dizzy she can hardly walk. No headache just very dizzy and nauseus if she gets up, shaky sometimes, very little balance. She feels fine if she is lying down. Is this from the head injury? Does she need to go the the ER or just rest?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for choosing health care magic. For minor head injuries usually physician recommend observation for symptoms like nausea, vomiting, hearing loss, blood through nose or ear. Your mother is showing prominent neurological symptoms inform of not able to walk, feeling dizzy and nausea. I advise you to visit near by tertiary hospital as soon as possible and get her treated.
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Hi there
Head injuries can be tricky.They might manifest later than the time of injury.
I think you should take her for a CT scan brain just to be cautious.
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor