Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Diffuse disc bulge. Is there need for surgery?

I m 24 yrs old, i had fallen from a tree about 7years back.... recently i have been getting these back pains and my doctor sent me for an MRI scan... the report says :- diffuse disc bulge of L5-S1 intervertebral disc indenting thecal sac and traversing S1 nerve roots on both sides. L4-5 intervertebral disc shows diffuse posterior buldge indenting thecal sac. Facet Joint arthropathy is seen at L5-S1 facet joints. My doctor says i need to undergo a surgery using an electric knife... but is there need for surgery? he also says traction using the weights has failed. My friends and relatives say i should not go for a surgery, it may even cause paralysis...
Asked On : Tue, 30 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  398
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
You need surgical intervension (Discectomy) may be it microdiscectomy or endoscopic disc removal. As early you get it done the result will favour you. The surgery is now-a-days very safe & recovery is very fast
Answered: Sat, 1 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor