Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in swallowing food. Suffering from Schatzki ring dilation. How to get treated?

My 89 year old father seems to be experiencing a partial blockage of food (steak) from what I believe is a schatzki ring dilation, something I have been treated for myself. He is drinking water and then urping it back up to disperse the blockage but this has now been going on for hours. Breathing is a not a problem. What advice can you offer in getting through this episode? Right now we are just trying to ride it out. Thanks, Ken
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  178
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Please meet your doctor again as there may be some swelling or recurrence of the ring and may need surgical intervention again.
Please dont worry , just go to your doctor , and please dont try to forcefully take food as he may aspirate it and cause complications,

Answered: Wed, 9 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor