Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with severe spondylotic changes, significant levoscoliosis. Not advised surgery. Having severe pain. No improvement with oxycodone. Suggestions?

Hi, I understand these services cost money, which i don t have and U have no idea how sorry I am because if U could help me, there is no limit to what I would pay you. I had my 5th MRI , since 2007 I was diagnosed with severe spondylotic changes, significant levoscoliosis to the left & is now a worry they say about my heart & lungs. Also lg. left lateral disc bulges @L4-5 & L5-S1 w/hard & soft disc material create severe neural foraminal narrowing at these levels. Also Central Canal Stenosis . I went to see a Orthopedic Specialist, he met w/a team of surgeons & they said NO WAY for surgery, I am 47 and my scolosis has increased 12 degrees in the past 18 months & the Dr s said, we have never seen that & it is like a once in a blue moon . My pain is unbearable. My DR. had me on oxycodone (3) 15 mgs every 4 hrs., for 15+ years, she has recently cut me back to 30 mgs every 4 hours & said in 7 days she will cut more. Reason, she said to much negativity w/oxycodone + she lost her license to write scrips & this DR office is cutting across the board on all chronic pain patients. All I want is to have a life, or at least some quallity of one. I have been diagnosed 7 yrs ago for major chronic depression and GAD . I hurt so bad I do not know what to do or who to go to for help now. I know you are paid for your service, I wish I could..... Thank you (there is more) but I guess that is enough typing because U probably never will get this anyways, so have a good day....
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

As you have been on pain medications since many years, there is a high possibility for you to suffer their adverse systemic reactions.

I suggest you to try RADIO FREQUENCY ABLATION which is said to give significant relief from pain in patients with Chronic back pain. Its effect may last anyway between 6 months to 2 years without the need for taking daily pain pills.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor