Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with kidney stone, have small pain above right groin, blood test shows low Bilrubin. Is pain related to bilrubin?

Good Morning Dr., My name is Kishore, male 33 yrs My total bilrubin is 1.7 mg/dl, direct bilrubin 0.39 mg/dl and indirect bilrubin is 1.31 mg/dl, sgpt is 19 and sgot 18.2, total protein 7.2 albumin 4.4, globulin 2.8 and alkhaline phosphate is 67.9, i am worried about bilrubin value, i have diagonised with kidney stone 3 yr back Physician asked me to drink plenty of water, last 3 yrs i didnt check again and i didnt got any pain aswell, now a days i have small pain above my right groin. is this related to bilrubin or any other issues
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
Hi, many thanks for the query!
You need to do certain investigations- USG (Abdo-Pelvis), X-ray KUB,
Sr. creat., Sr. BUN, Sr. Uric acid, Urine (Routine & Microscopy).
For time being, you may take anti-spasmodics, antacids, pain killers with
your doctor's opinion.
Drink plenty of water so that at least 2 litres of urine is voided in 24 hrs.
Wish you a good health.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 16 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Rammohan S Bhat's  Response
Hi, thanks for the question. Your pain could be related to the renal calculus and not related to the bilirubin. You definitely need to get a scan of your abdomen (especially kidneys) asap. Ultrasound and X-ray KUB are the first line imaging and some people will need to undergo Plain CT KUB. I hope your kidney function tests (blood tests) are normal. Also get a urine routine examination done. Best thing to do is to see a nephrologist or general physician who can initiate the tests and follow you up. Else you can get them done and post them here for me to review. Best wishes
Answered: Mon, 15 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor