Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with cellulitis. Swollen abscess near the eyes. Taking bactrim. How to take care of it?

i got diagnosed at er last night with cellulitis , and it just looks to me like i have an abcess on my eyebrow area.. went to sleep. no its swollen and gone down next to the bridge of my nose between my eye. my eye was all wet and gross so im guessing it drained a little bit.. how am i supposed to take care of this? its freaking me out! i just started taking bactrim .
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

You are suffering from stye in your eye with inflammatory changes in the affected lid. You will need to give hot fomentation 3-4 times day to the affected eye and use anti-biotic eye drops 3-4 times a day. Also, use anti-biotic ointment at night time.

You can continue using bactrim tablets BD along with some anti-inflammatory tablets. If there is some pus point formation, you will have to get the affected eye lash epilated to drain the stye and bandage the eye for 24 hours at least.

This should cure the condition in 2-3 days.

Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Gopal Krishnam Raju's  Response
you have to get it drained by a doc bactrim wont be helpfull go to doc first
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor