Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with HSV2 due to husband's unfaithfulness, have severe stress, breakout of sores. Could this be contagious?

I have been recently diagnosed through blood tests IGG with results of 5.3 for hsv2. Had no idea that I did until the question of unfaithfulness in my marriage by my husband. This has caused stress like I ve never experienced before. Have also never had sores to break out. I just remember experiencing irration before menses .. I have had a prickly sensation now for about 4 weeks. Does this mean I am contagious at this point & having a breakout.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello.yes hsv2 is contagious it causes one of the sexually transmitted disease called genital herpes.use acyclovir 400 mg 3 times daily.if you get more than six recurrences go for suppresive dose that is acyclovir 400 mg twice daily for one year
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor