Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Ct scan of abdomen post abnormal ultrasound showed calcification on the wall of duodenum, mild dilation of bile duct. Diagnosis?

I had a CT scan of the abdomen after receiving an abnormal ultrasound with the following impression: Small area of calcific density noted in the region of the medial aspect fo the second portion of the duedenum. This is in the vicinity of the sphincter of Oddi. Thi could represent some calcification in the wall of the second portion of he duedenum, but coul also represent a small partially stone lodged at the sphincter of Oddi, but note is made that there is very little dilatation of the common bile duct or hepatic ducts. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  266
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Dear madam, i think that everything is said. It can be only calcification which means nothing. But it can also be a stone. You didnt mentioned the exact symptoms which led you to these diagnostic tests, but if it is a stone lodged in sphincter of Oddi you would have typical biliary colics or even jaundice from time to time. So I recommend you if u have these symptoms u should do cholecystectomy, if not u can do i too or you can wait for symptoms to appear. Dilatation of duct goes with biliary obstruction due to stones or tumors.

Wish you good health. Dr. Ivan Romich
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor