Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Crown placement in the mouth. On amoxicillin. Developed numbness, tingling, cramping and vertigo. Swollen glands. Due to infection?

I had a crown placed about 1 month ago and have not felt well since; I was placed on Amoxicillin 850 mg 2x/day. I developed numbness, tingling , and cramping in the extremities and then developed a vertigo . I constantly have an electric type feeling along and underneath my tongue and lower jaw. I also have swollen glands. My dentist says its nothing and I have to get used to the crown. I think it is an infection? Thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM forum ,
i am glad you wrote in, according to the dental history provided by you it seems that the tooth still has infection due to which you have been in pain, i assume there is no swelling around the tooth, but if there is then kindly revisit your dentist and get the crown removed.
i am not sure about the numbness and tingling in the extremities,but its not due to the tooth for sure.
for this you will have to consult a neurologist.
swollen glands is something which needs to be checked thoroughly, i would have appreciated if you would have attached an x-ray of your RCT treated tooth.
on the whole, crown is nothing to do with pain , it is the infection which has not resolved yet,
therefore kindly visit a specialist(endodontist) soon.
i wish you good health,
take care.
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Varun Mishra's  Response
hello and welcome to hcm,
some conditions are associated with your mentioned problem. they can be-
1. after cementing the crown, he has not checked or removed high points is causing you pain and other problems
2. another filling of some other metal is causing you galvanism ie electric feeling.

visit the dentist or try a new one for the second opinion.

Answered: Sun, 12 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor