Could playing outside in bright sun cause short sightedness in a 5 year old?

Could playing outside in birght sunlight the day before you break out with measles cause near sightness 5 years later? When I was 6 years old (1965) i had measles. I remember the sun being so bright while I was outside playing. The next day I broke out with measles. At age 12 or 13 I became nearsighted and have had to wear glasses ever since. Neither of my parents or sibling are near sighted. Neither of my children are near sighted either. An eye doctor told me that the near sighted gene is dominant over the normal vision gene.
Wed, 18 May 2016