Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Congested feeling near the Adams apple. Could there be food stuck there?

i think i just inhaled a piece of steak...i was talking to my father and i was really sure i inhaled it..i didnt cough though and am still does kind of feel liek there is somethign lodged right under whree your adams apple wuold be..that crevace in the googling what to do and if its ok incase it did happen..and it brought me to this website
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  260
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

You may have ingested a large chunk and it may have caused a slight injury or a prick on the way to the oesophagus or the food pipe and finally to the stomach.
Sometimes though a small piece can be embedded in the throat and cause persisting pain especially during swallowing.

You need to take lots of water and milk and try to avoid spicy food. Wait for a couple of days for the symptoms to subside. If the symptoms do not subside or are becoming worse or you are getting any other additional symptoms then you need to consult an ENT as soon as possible who may perform an endoscopy for proper diagnosis and treatment.


Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Tue, 20 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor