Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Colleague has chicken pox, going to be in contact with small children. Cause of worry?

Hi - my colleague at work has chickenpox (she is 50). I am concerned, because (a) I have had shingles 3 times and worried about getting it again, (b) have a baby grandson eight weeks old I have been in contact with recently, and (c) have another grandchild due any day now. Also, am going on holiday (abroad) in 2 weeks ...... should I be worried about any of the above??? Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Chicken pox is communicable disease so one should avoid contact or the patient should be in isolation she is 50 years but what is your age ? have you suffered chicken pox in past because it gives immunity. as far as young one are concerned a Vaccine is there which is protective . If there is no problem you may go for holiday.
Answered: Sun, 19 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor