Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Cluster of pimples on the forehead. What to do to remove them?

Hi, I have a cluster of really small pimples on my forehead .... err.. bumps.. i don t know what to call them. There s a little bit on my cheeks too. but I ve tried a lot of stuff and they don t go away.. Also, I have these really tiny blackheads of my cheeks.. I don t really know what to do! Please help ! I want guaranteed results in a few weeks !
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  538
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello ..thanks for your query.
The smaller pimples you describe may be whiteheads.this happens due to a sticky keratinous plug blocking the glands in skin.This in turn gets infected and gives rise to bigger or pustular acne.
You can visit a dermatologist to undergo an extraction of the comedones.This is usually accomplished in a single sitting and repeated as and when required.
A topical retinoid may be added to your regimen to reduce the occurrence of comedones.
Do not use thick/occlusive creams and cosmetics on face. Wash your face with Salicylic acid containing face wash twice daily.
Hope this is helpful
Take Care!
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor