Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Clear yellowish discharge from ear piercing, skin peeling. Doing sea salt soaks. Permanent cure?

clear/yellowish liquid coming from ear piercing. started happening when my ex gf licked my ear piercing. skin around piercing started peeling and white/yellowish liquid would constantly come out of the lobe area until it dried and hardened. i did sea salt soaks and i still do to clean my ear piercings and it helped but when i start stretching my ears again, the symptoms come back. its been a year already, i dont know what the problem is.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  268
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
There can be a sinus tract or recurrent infection in the lobule of the area leading to the production of exudate on a continual basis. Therefore, you should restrict yourself from wearing the ear rings as of now. Keep the area clean and get the piercing evaluated by a doctor. Depending on the extent of the problem you might require to have this piercing closed temporarily to ensure stoppage of the exudate production.
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor