Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Child with severe cough. Given prition cs, not reduced. Can I give him chericof?

hello doctor, my son is 18 months old . he has been having cough on n off for the past one month.initially my ped prescribed me prition cs twice a day for 2days but it was not very son has been coughing on n off.but now again he has been coughin n i can hear him breath heavily.i am now giving him prition cs again but it is not very effective.can i give him chericof now?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Cough in children is due to various reasons..mostly viral in origin.Priton Cs is a cough suppresant given for dry noninfective cough and should be given thrice daily for atleast 5 days.But if your child is breathing heavily he might have wheeze.I think you need a doctor to examine him and prescribe medications.Never self medicate your child. Chericoff has the same medicines as piriton csHope this answers your query.Wishing your child a speedy recovery.Have a nice day.
Answered: Sat, 22 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor