Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Child taking encorate chrono without elder's consent, behaves strangely. What should be done?

sir, my little brother is about 15 years old . from last month he is taking encorate chrono 500 mg without informing us . from last night he was behaving strange n we are so worried about him , he took 6 tablates at a time , now what can we do now . now i haven t any credit card , so please help me
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The medicine in Encorate Chrono is Sodium Valporate, which is mainly used for the condition of seizure. Although this medicine is not addicting, but continous used without any prescription is always wrong.
It is important to know first that your bother is having any type of condition for which he was prescribed this medicaiton or he himself start this without any consultaltion. If he is taking this medication after some consultation for some conditon, than I would advise you to conslut the same doctor and give him the details of the problem which your brother is right now facing because of overdosing and he may require something to stop this type of impusive behaviour.
And if he is taking this medication without any consulation and just for fun than you can stop this medication and consult and try to find out if he is having some problem or some addicting nature, that may require treatment.
Thanks and take care
Answered: Wed, 3 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor