Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Child having cylindrical power. Right age for laser surgery?

Hi I am a daughter is 4 yrs old and had her eye check up today and we figured out that she is suffering from cylindrical power. Her report says avg for right eye+1.25 sph -2.50 cyl and left eye+1.25 sph -2.25 cyl. Iam really worried for her.can u please tell me if its curable or the number can decrease with any sort of remedies and also when is the right age for laser surgery . Thanks a worried mother
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  206
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
Refractive errors are common in children and its great that this has got timely detected in your child. At present you must make all efforts that she should comfortable lay and constantly wear her prescription so as to ensure right visual development . The number should be rechecked every six months. It will keep on changing with growth of her eyes. Ensure her vitamin and mineral rich diet.
Laser can be done after 18 -20 years of age. Prevent her from rubbing eyes.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 27 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor