Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Child has fever, diarrhea, medicine subsided fever. Blood test done. Can online doctor help?

Hi, My baby is 11 months old and she was having fever and loose motion before 3 days. now after giving medicines fever is not coming but motion is still same. we have done blood test which shows salmonella typhi O (TO) , salmonella typhi H (TH), salmonella paratyphi A,H (AH) and salmonella paratyphi B,H (BH) are reactive 1:20. what does it mean? plz tell me
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Your child is having gastroenteritis mostly due to a virus or bacteria.

Loose motions will take some time to subside.

And the mainstay of treatment is to maintain hydration of the child by giving sips of oral rehydration solutions like Pedialyte.

The blood test is done to look for Typhoid fever.

The test is negative in your child and it is not suggestive of salmonella infection.

Continue the medication as advised by your Pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Himanshi Kashyap's  Response
Your child is suffering from viral gastroenteritis and all she needs is to be kept well hydrated with ORS,buttermilk ,coconut water etc. Also probiotic like lactobacillus satchets 2times a day will help in reducing diarrhoea.

There is firstly no use of widal titre before 7days .It will come positive only after 7days of typhoid fever.The report you mentioned is negative for typhoid at present.Clinically also your child has no fever so there is no possibility of typhoid in her at present.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor