What does my Widal test report indicate?

Dr. Sunil

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Dec 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: For only one day. on friday UsG abdomen done aorta and ivc normal yesterday typhoid widal test positive salmonella typhi o 1:80and salmonella typhi H1:160dilution,PR was done internal haemorroides said by doctor, no blood no mucus in stool sample, from today morning pulsating abdomen around umbilicus, if there is a chance of aortic aneurysm in 2days, on friday usg abdomen was normal. My thoughts always around crohns nd colitis. Gastroenterology doctor said there is no chance of colitis nd crohns. No abodminal pain present. Present taking drugs are cefpdoxime nd dolo 650.amikacin iv. Sir plz rply me fast.
Answered by Dr. Sunil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
can be a side effect of antibiotic therapy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query

Though chances of it being aneurysm are low yet if your primary doctor suspects is you should go gor 2d evho test.A 10 minute non invasive procedure which will help you to know if its aneurism or not.
In some patients aneurysm can develop as a result
You are on dual antibiotics.Pulsating pain near umbilicus can be due to gastritis caused as a result of antibiotic therapy.
Start taking antacids and pantop 40 mg once daily with antibiotics.

As per query regarding internal hemorrhoid is concerned most of the time they dont bleed and are painless.
I would suggest you to use hydrocortisone ointment locally for 3 months.

Regarding inflammatory bowel disease colonoscopy has to be done to rule out the cause of problem.

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vishesh Rohatgi
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 7 hours later
Sir tell me the treatment of infeious colitis. But stool test are normal occult blood normal.
Answered by Dr. Sunil 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
You have to take broad spectrum antibiotic therapy either orally or parentrally for treating it.
Clindamycin is a good drug and is very effective.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 19 hours later
Sir after taking cefoxdixme 200 mg daily till fever not subsided. My titer are increased salmonella h1:320 nd o 1:320 what are the best drugs plz tell us
Answered by Dr. Sunil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up of question.

Detailed Answer:
if you want to go for Oral therapy-
Clindamycin tablet 300 mg twice daily for 5 days
However in case you need I.v therapy
Injection ceftriaxone 1 gram twice daily for 5 days.
Both need a prescription.
Your doctor would decide whether you need i.v or oral therapy.
Tx
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad