Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Child has bald spot on the temple since birth that seems to be increasing in size. Any remedy?

i have a 8 year old son, he has had a bald spot on his left temple since he was born but am just now noticing that it is getting alittle bigger, is there anything that we can do to help? It just didn t fall out or appear he was born with it when his hair came in as a baby it just never grew in this little spot on his temple, his hair covers it for the most part but was just looking at it today and seems like it has got alittle bigger, he does wrestle for school and his head gear kind of rubs that spot don t know if that could be the reason but till we can get to the doc. was just wondering what u guys thought?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Thanks for writing to healthcare magic.
There is no need to worry I suppose. If its not irritating no need for treating it too. Generally such spots do increase in size as your kid grows. Its part of growth. But if it Increases very much or there is loss of sensations in that area, do consult a dermatologist.
RegardsDr arun
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor