Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Child diagnosed with polycystic kidneys, advised dialysis, kidney transplant. Agency that provides financial assistance?

I have an 11 year old nephew in the Philippines that was recently diagnosed with polycystic kidneys. The doctors said he will need dialysis right now and will need kidney transplant ASAP. the doctors said prepare about 2 million pesos for the transplant. is there any agency worldwide that we can approach for financial assistance?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
There are lots of agencies(mostly NGOs) engaged in providing financial support either in cash or kind to such needy patients.
You immediately get in touch with transplant coordinator,medico-social worker of the hospital in this regard,who will guide you further.
All the best.
Answered: Thu, 25 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor