Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Child bad tummy ache/ diarrhea/ bloody When I looked was just pale mucous with blood streaks. Should I be worried ?

hello i took my 3.5yr old boy to the gp yesterday morning after he had been up in agony all night complaining of tummy pain. examination showed tummy to be soft and just possibly some stool waiting to come out despite having 3 decent bm s the day before. no bms yesterday. he then woke at 1,30am needing the toilet. filled toilet bowl with firm stool and v dark brown liquid. then woke up twice for more diarrea type bms. hes just gone to toilet again and sounded like diarrea but when i looked was just pale mucous with blood streaks. Should I be worried by this blood ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  265
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM
it could be simple bacillry dysentry. But still con sult your doctor and if needed get
done stool and blood reports.
Answered: Thu, 11 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor