Causes of increased blood pressure

What increases the blood pressure?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
SALT in your food!

how long do you have to have high blood pressure for to cause or bring on a heart attack. also how high would you have to be before you thought a heart attack or stroke was impending and seek help. also if you have high blood pressure would your pulse and blood pressure increase or decrease just prior to the attack.

My father s pressure has been rising last 2 days, at rest, only the upper number rising steadily but slowly. He just came home from hospital (12-10-13 to 1-17-14) ...(COPD, O2 dropped to 89... DX: double pneumonia... induced coma in ICU, ventilator... slow but steady healthy recovery.... now he s finally home) and NOW his pressure ~the upper number~ has been rising last 2 days. He s been napping a bit more than usual, otherwise no complauints. just took his BP (in bed just woke from nap, but hasn t gotten up) and its 161/98. I m not sure if I should take him to hospital. He isn t complaining, but he tends to do that because he HATES hospitrals. help?? what would YOU do??

my blood pressure was 145/94 and pulse 90 this morning. I have had a headache for a few days. My blood pressure was taken a few months ago and it was 130/90 because of my family history she had me come back and recheck it and it was 134/90. I have to go back in a couple of weeks for another check should I be concerned that it has gone up? I have been having headaches and been very tired lately.

Recent questions on  Hypertension

I just had my bp taken and it was 150 over 90. I am a 42 year old male who is dieting at the moment and dropped 15 lbs over the past month and now weigh approx. 210 lbs. (I am 5 ft. 7 in. tall). I am nervous with that reading. I had to go down two flights of stairs to get to the test, could that have had an affect on the reading??

My Dad is 72 and collapsed last year with chest pains. He was told he has an enlarged heart with excessive fat on it and high blood pressure. A year on he is now experiencing chest pains, has freezing cold hands and has severe nose bleeds about twice a week, but refuses to go to the doctor. What could this be?

1.my dad age : 52 yrs old had a episode of fever and collapsed with low bp of 80\60 at that time his eyes rolled up is that a seizure ? 2.in investigations CT scan - a tiny calcified granuloma in occipital lobe was present what might be the diagnosis? 3.past history : he had chicken pox during 40 yrs following that he had fluctuating sugar levels sudden hypoglycaemia & fainting but now its normal , fluctuating BP 140/90 or sometimes its 130|90 , chromogranin b level is high & in query for phaeochromocytoma/neuroblastoma 4.occupational history : he also does farming what will be the diagnosis ? is it because of chronic borderline hypertension like stroke /infective like neurocysticercosis /because of some intracranial tumours ??

Hi I have pulmonary Hypertension with CHF enlarged spleen and problems with elevated liver enzymes. I also have intercranial hypertension. Wed I developed a headache which I get alot. Did not feel well on Thurs then on Friday I began getting really dizzy ( I feel like I just got off an amusment park ride) and developled pain in my left shoulder that goes down my arm. I am extremely tired only able to stay awake for about an hour before needing to lay down and sleep. I am debating on waiting it out to see my Dr. next week or the ER. What would you do if you were me?

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...