Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Can't travel in bus or enjoy joy ride due to motion sickness. Any permanent cure?

Hello Doctor. I m 32, male and I have motion sickness since childhood. I get nausea when I travel in buses and I cannot enjoy joyrides. The funny thing though, is that I can drive a car for miles together without a problem while I cannot sit in a bus for more than an hour or two before nausea sets in. The time dramatically reduces in case of winding roads. Can you please let me know anything that ll permanently cure this? Thanks in advance
Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
There is no permanent cure. The only way out when you are traveling in a vehicle driven by someone else is to take an appropriate anti-motion-sickness medicine half an hour before beginning the journey. The reason why you don't get it when you are driving yourself is that you have a wide front view due to which relative motion is much less as compared to the relative motion if you watch the surrounding through a side window.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor