Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

144 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can we cure squint with Ayurveda Treatment ?

Hi Doctor, My son is 4 years old We have took him for eye observation to Aravind Eye Coimbatore as we noticed squit appear to his left eye sometimes Docotors diagnosed it as intermittent squint and he is also having Myopia and Astigmatism SO they recommended to wear glass and review after 6months SO i would like to know from the experts that Myopia and Astigmatism kind of refraction errors will cause intermittent squint? Can we cure squint with Ayurveda Treat ment. Krish
Fri, 27 Sep 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. any problem of double vision?
2. squint in children improve or reduces on its own, and because it is a kind of refractive error thus wearing glasses can correct the problem to some extent.
3. constant observation and Reviewing him periodically will decide the outcome.
4. In the mean time start with saptamrit lauha,trifla ghrita and tratak karma after consulting with an Ayurveda Physician.
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic
There is separate branch in Ayurveda for eyes called Shalakya (ENT). Ayurveda has addressed eye problems and treatment well. But these things are not in actual practice and you should do with experienced hand only. There are few Ayurvedic treatment with Panchakarma and Herbal Medicines. For that you have to visit Ayurveda specialist.
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Nikul Patel's  Response
I am not sure about the result but you can try the safe medicines.. it cant do any side effctes to your son. so that youshould have to try

1. Pathyadi ghan 1 tab twice a day
2. saptamrut loh 1 tab twice a day
3. Tab Leptafden 1 tab twice a day
4. punanrnavashtak ghan 1 tab twice a day

wash eyes with trifla water and use opthacare drops twice a day

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Arun Chaudhari's  Response
Squint in small children often reduces on its own. The fact that he has a refractive error. He needs to wear glasses, many times squint gets corrected by weraing glasses. Review after 6mnths - 1 year will decide if surgery is required. Intermeittent squint may not be an indication for early surgery as childs vision will be good, still one may need surgery to develop Binocular Vision
Dr arun Chaudhari
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
It is good that you are under treatment of highly efficient doctors and one must abide by their advise. Over activity before electronic gadget also contribute to such problems and kids who are choosy about diet and donot accept balanced diet land in such problems like myopia. As far as squint or astigmatism is concerned many a time it calls for surgey. I would advice you to add sapt amrit loh till your next appointment and let us hope he improves.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

doctor, is there any treatment in ayurveda to cure squint at the age of 30.i ve gota diverging squint in my right eye .i underwent laser treatment at the age of 21 and 4 yrs laer i had typhoidand my health was weak and i regained it. in 2013 eyes were effected with corneal conjunctivitis and then after i noticed my right eye is diverging with a squint.i feel really reluctant tocome forward... i consulted opthalmolagist and they recomended im scared about its there any treatment to cure squint other than surgery please helpdoctor.....with the right advice thank you

doctor1 MD

hello doctor. my son is 2years and 5 mnths old. we diagnoed his squint when he was 1 year old. now he has been advised glasses.but he does not wear glasses often. please help me in suggesting some excersie to cure his squint. his left eye turns inward towards his nose.esotopia...

doctor1 MD

i have sqient problem on birth,now iam 32.if there is any chonce to cure now? and in early iwas took treatment for to cure.but its my mistake i never took proper exercise,now they told me that their have no chonce to cure cross eye and to improve eye sight.and i have pendulam problem, So i would like to improve my eye sight.if their any chonce to improve?

Recent questions on  Folk medicine

doctor1 MD

My relative is affected by jaundice. He is alchoholic. He is also suffering from psoriasis. I want to get the jaundice cured immly before embarking upon the equally serious problem of psoriasis. As unani/ayurvedic/homeopathy is said to be a better option for jaundice treatment, please let me know the dependable and successful doctors/clinics in those disciplines,in Chennai. tnks. Jaanaa

doctor1 MD

I am 51 years old I am suffering from COPD for the past 10 years, I was a heavy smoker and quit smoking completely in 1997. At present I am taking Allopathic treatment(last 10 Years) and Homeopathic ( last 2 years). I am not finding any relief and the conditions is getting worse day by day. I am having difficulty i climbing stairs and inclined surfaces. i am doing regular exercises and also Yoga(Pranayam and other deep breathing exercises) PL. advice

doctor1 MD


I had a coronary infarct about 38 years ago & am 63 now - Height 5ft 7in & weight about 75/78 kgs (about 170lbs) but over the last two years I have been getting short of breath if I sprint a bit on my walks or if i take the staircase quickly or walk fast. I am a-typical now & have been since losing a lot of wieght (about 20kgs) after my infarct. Went over from all medication to yoga, omega3/codliver caps & spirulina.

Any advice

doctor1 MD

Respected sir,
I am suffering from hypothyroidism. I practice yoga an hour early in the morning.I am over weight and want to reduce my weight. I have not consulted any doctor yet.I am in need of your advice and consultation.Either i should practice taking elopathic ,homeopathic, or ayurvedic medicines. Please guide me.

doctor1 MD

How much quercetin can be taken daily to counter allergic responses? (With all due respect, I would like someone other than Dr. XXXXXXX Rynne to address my question.)