Can roxicodone medicine be taken for pain?

I am a diabetic and have had three heart attacks and lost my left leg three years ago and my right three months ago. we recently moved and I cannot get my doc to prescribe me the pain meds I was taking for years for chronic pain Roxicodone 30 mg please tell me my options.. thank you
Thu, 21 Nov 2019
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Roxicodone is a rather high amount of opiate. Taken ONCE a day it would be at a point where someone should have a discussion about it.

FOUR TIMES A DAY gets into a truly dangerous level. AND with multiple amputations, the pain is likely to be very bad.

So, pain mgt.. but they are neither trained for diabetic management nor pharmacology nor--if relevant--addiction management.

Ironically, any addiction center is pretty well versed on pharmacology and pain and usually has a doctor who treats diabetes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Matt Wachsman, Addiction Medicine Specialist