Can one can have bleeding from the nose with Hydrocephalus?

My son has hydrocephalus. He does not have a shunt. He is 10. He is daily having 2-3 nose bleeds per day with lots of blood clots. His neurologist claims it has nothing to do with his hydrocephalus but ever since they lowered his seizure medication he’s having these nose bleeds. What do I do if my sons neurologist won’t even look into this?
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I understand your concern and would explain that the nose bleeding does not seem to be related to hydrocephalus or the fact that he lowered his seizure medication. For this reason, I would recommend consulting with an ENT specialist for a physical exam of the nose and coagulation tests. It is also important to closely monitor his blood pressure values.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.