Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Has hydrocephalus and epilepsy, bleeding nose. Need a surgery?

i am a 19 year old male with hydrocephalus and epilepsy . I have been getting bloody noses for the pat six years of and on (usually mid November to mid April) and i have to go into surgery in a week and a half and i have 3 major nose bleeds in the past 2 weeks,what should i do,which doctor should i see first my adolescent medicine doctor or an ENT doctor,and will there be enough time for my body to recover?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The nosebleed of so much frequency is a trouble and may be due to local lock of thin vein in the nose. You should first rectify this problem before you think of going for a surgery for hydrocephalus and epilepsy so that the nosebleed does not unduly complicate the recovery.
The ENT doctor will be the right person to consult with first, if a source is found it can be cauterized or corrected by ligation of feeder vessel.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor