Can low blood pressure cause headaches ?

Sun, 20 Mar 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
's  Response
Yes, if your blood pressure is too low it will not be able to push enough oxygen and nutrients to vital organs (particularly the brain) which can result in dizziness and headaches etc. Usually BP would have to be quite a bit below <90/60 to have this effect. If you are experiencing these symptoms then you must see your Doctor.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
dear
welcome to healthcaremagic
Yes Low blood pressure can cause headaches, especially associated with dizziness or fainting. When blood pressure is very low, it can prevent blood flow, and therefore oxygen, from getting to essential areas of the body like the brain. Loss of oxygen to the brain causes most symptoms of low blood pressure, including headaches.
Thanks