Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Can i try for a child if i use tetralysal 300 for dark underarms ?

Im a 30 years old female and have had tetralysal lymecycline 300 about 4 yrs ago for dry patches i developed under my underarms i was also told that it cud childause our baby to hav yellow teeth . my dr put me back on as my underarms are now very dark and is spreading which makes it very hard to be confident as it looks very unsightly. we have also just decided to start trying for our 2nd child and how bad is it for conception or for the unbron baby if we were to fall pregnant while on this medication???
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  280
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
The mother needs to stop taking this medication and request Doctor for alternative medication while trying to get pregnant. For what reason are you both taking this, you haven't specified. You probably have developed drug reaction. Do get your blood sugar tested to rue out Diabetes as sometimes it can present with dark thick patches in the armpits. Kindly ask the Doctor to change the medication as tetracyclines can arrest bone growth in children. The mother can take Folic acid tablets under medical supervision once a day from one month before conception for safety from Neural tube defects in the baby.
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor