Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

169 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Can i change my BP medication myself?

I have started taking one a day instead of two and my bp is fine ,do you think its safe to give it a ment to take 2 x 12.5 pills a day
Thu, 15 Sep 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
you can try (after consulting your doc) to reduce the dose and observe. if the bp still remians normal you might be ableto stop medication
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
What drug you are taking you have not mentioned. Yes you can very well give trial if
the drug being used is in sustaine release form and there the feect will remain for 24 hrs.
At times if the stress and aniety is removed it may help you to reduce the dose.Change
in life style and improvement in dietary habbit,exercise all this have positve impact on
Blood pressure. But Bp mau not rebound foe few days so watch on your Bp is very
essential. Thanks
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.You can continue with one tablet a day but you will have to monitor your BP regularly.Once it starts rising you start taking 2 tablets.Good luck.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....