Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. As long as the E.coli is concern that organism habitat in water, tissues, body fluids and it is not the air born bacteria, infection can only be possible when something you drink or eat that is contaminated with E coli beside this it is nothing to worry, one thing if you are handling the suspected liquid medium of E coli then it is extremely required to take care of your hygiene. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.