Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Can anisometropia develop into amblyopia as I was unable to use specs ?

I have anisometropia. I was advised to wear spectacles constantly but I was on fever lately and could not wear specs for some 6 days. Now can my anisometropia develop into amblyopia?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
High refractive power if left uncorrected by spectacles can lead to severe headaches. Amblyopia is a condition where the images are not formed properly on the retina and represented abnormally in the brain as well. High difference in the power between your eyes can cause this. But this doesn't happen frequently unless you are a kid. As of now it is better to use the glasses for what it was prescribed for, near reading activities. Do some eye exercises to help relieve the spasm. Close your eyes and look left, right, up and down, do rotations in both directions, one after the other. Also do deep breathing exercises.
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor