Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Can a psychiatrist help my mother understand my sexual orientation ?

I am 100% sure that I will commit suicide over my mother s foolish ridiculous wrong imagination that one gets pleasure out of getting stuck behind other men.she thinks that what had been published by lady journalists that homosexuality leads to sodomy is true when you know that it is not.In bus,I get very uneasy with my mother
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
Get your Mother examined by a Psychiatrist for a complete Psychiatric Evaluation to prevent future complications in your life.
Good Luck and Take care.
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
hi Devender!
Welcome to donot think of commiting suicide for issue like this.Give your mother some time to understand this that one,s sexual preferances are decided and cannot be changed according to anyone's wish.You can try talkng to counsellors trained in these issues like TARSHI-website a NGO based in Delhi which is very good .Please take your mother there and then maybe she can understand you better.All the Best.
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor