Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Can a baby survive with congenital heart disease ?

baby born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate with congenital heart proble i have a 7 month old nephew who is bilateral cleft lip and palate. the worse thing is, he is found to have a congenital heart problem too. his doctor says that he was born with 1 valve blocked. and his doc says he s chances of survival is slim. he is so tiny can t have him thru with the surgery for his cleft lip cuz he is undernourish. can babies survive with 1 valve in the heart being blocked? can t afford the heart surgery yet for now.
Asked On : Mon, 16 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
cleft lip and palate surgery needs a group of specialists like plastic surgeon,an oral surgeona dentist,an orthodontist,an is done inbetween 9 to 18 months. you have not mentioned the name of congenital heart problem.please mention it.take care
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor