Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Can a 12 year old child have an abortion without parental consent ?

Hi my name is valerie I have a best vrend that is pregnant and I want help with health tips for her please can u help.She has took 2 pregnansie test and both say she is pregnant and she is onley 12 and also she sed she wanted to get a aborsion but i sed no Il take it if its born and I will help her rase the child and Il be there for her so I want to now some health tips for her she is realy strugeling please help. Valerie Erasmus
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello valerie,
your friend doesnt know what she has done ,she is quiet young to have a baby and to fullfill the responsibility of baby ,abortion of a fetus depend upon how many weeks she is pregnant ,if she is pregnant more than 12 wks,hardly any doctor will terminate her pregnancy,in some of countries there is judicial rules which allow you to terminate the pregnancy if she is less than 15 years, because i dont know about your nation so my advice is that , u both better consult to gynecologist and get baby terminate as soon as possible,my wishes are with u and best of luck.
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
Valerie , you seem to be very nice to and caring about your friend. You should make sure that she is under supervision of a physician, regularly. Wheather or not she carries this baby, she should be under doctor's care. As , at this age , body isnt ready for so many changes.
Regarding raising the child, its a huge decision, which will not only affect her future, but her family too and ofcourse the child. So , if you really want to help her, help her take the right decision, involving her parents and all those who care about her.
Answered: Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor