Can Montek LC used as nasal decongestant?

I am not in a position to recognize smell and my nose is almost bloked. I have been advised to take Tab. Montek Lc for a month. I have been advised Mucolite SR and Sinarest for a few days before. So I just want to know Montek LC is for what treatment. thanks
Fri, 9 May 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello, thanks for ur query, montleukast + citrizine is a drug leukotrnes blocker mainly acts in allergy mechanism. used as a prophylactic drug in allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, urticaria, nasal polyps due to allergic rhinitis. u can take safely in prevention of these diseases. all d best, take care.