Can Isoniazid and Rifampin cause upper back pain?

I recently was diagnosed with latent TB and started isoniazid and refampin on 10/21/18. The next day I started to have upper back pain and it hasn’t went away since. It feels as though it is sore, I do sit at a desk for work all day however the pain doesn’t usually stay around this long. Could this be a side effect of the medication? Is it cause for concern?
Tue, 26 Mar 2019

Isoniazid and Rifampin do not cause back pain. You might be having Carie's spine as well. Go for X-ray thoracic spine AP & Lateral View to rule out TB spine.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Tushar Kanti Biswas, Internal Medicine Specialist